Why would the Church oppose what appears to be the most effective way of deterring crime, that is, capital punishment? It seems only just to take the life of a killer, “eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.” Learn why the Church believes it dehumanizes society and thus should not be permitted, except when…
- Online: Catechism of the Catholic Church on the Death Penalty
- Online: John Paul II’s Encyclical Evangelium Vitae
- Online: Fr. Thomas Williams’s Capital Punishment and the Just Society
- Online: Colin Donovan’s article Capital Punishment – the Pope’s Position
- Online: Catholic Answer’s article Did the Church Change Its Teaching on the Death Penalty?
- Online: USCCB’s page on the Death Penalty