Many in the Catholic and non-Catholic world alike wonder why Roman Catholic priests give up sex for their vocation. This episode explains why the Church practices this discipline, and offers reasons for why it’s a good idea.
- Audio: Institute of Catholic Culture’s Lecture on Defending Priestly Celibacy: Understanding the Modern Vocations Crisis
- Book: Priestly Identity: A study in the theology of priesthood by Thomas McGovern
- Online: Bishop Robert Barron’s article Everyone Hates Celibacy! and his article to which he makes reference: A Case for Celibacy by Priests
- Chastity Project’s Q&A about Priestly Celibacy and Vocations
- Chastity Project’s video about Celibacy for the Kingdom